Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Essay #1: Literary Analysis

I could either blow the rebel ship up from the inside, or fly out of the enemy hangar and attack the rebels with their own ship. Suddenly I heard repeated explosion sound that caused my controller to rumble. I got out of the ship wondering what this disturbance was. I saw a rebel throwing thermal detonators (grenades) at my ship. He then got in to the ship I was just in, and flew off to space aware of my presence. I had to get back; at him he had stolen the ship that was rightfully mine, and had tried to destroy me in the process. I got in a vacant rebel bomber ship and flew off briskly. Determined to get revenge I sped up my ship speed and shot at the enemy a couple miles away in the distance. The laser hit him perfectly. The enemy ship started spinning and exploded; 1 point for Devon.

I think determination is a key factor in all of the stories (‘The Outsiders,’ Through The Tunnel, and ‘Raymond’s Run,’) because the main characters are all determined to do something; Jerry is determined to find what is in the underwater cave. Squeaky is determined to win every race, and Ponyboy is determined to get out of his environment.

I think this proves that determination sometimes plays a key role in books and normal life. Some examples are being determined to win a sports game, are determine to get better grades in the next quarter of school, and so on.

No comments: